A Very Important Date
A downloadable Game Demo for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Demo 2.1 is now available! Here's what's included:
- Tutorial Screen at the beginning of the Prologue
- Save/Load feature
- Choice options
- Quit Menu that allows you to go back to the Main Menu
- 3 Chapters for Gwyn and Emil for a total of 6 chapters
- 26,088 Words in total for about 3 hours worth of story
- 3 New static sprites
- 7 New backgrounds
Because of how long it was taking to implement some of these features, we were unable to add in the Fast Forward feature for the updated demo.
We added a Linux demo now! For those that are playing the Linux demo, if you find an issue please let us know. We currently have no one on our team to test the Linux one. Thank you!
You can now fill out a beta testing form to be invited to our mobile demos.
For those that plan to play Gwyn's and Emil's chapters, you'll want to save in the Prologue when Alison says "Um... I guess I'll work with…"
To get to the menu bar while playing, press ESC or P keys to get it to appear. Note: some programs render the ESC key inoperable when running in conjunction with other programs, this demo included.
We would love to hear more feedback!
A Very Important Date is a café romance set in a strange, yet familiar world, with loose ties to Lewis Carroll's Alice stories. But this isn't the typical Alice in Wonderland styled story! While A Very Important Date takes a few notes from the Carroll classics, you don't have to be a big fan of them to enjoy this game for its rich dialogue, witty humor, and unique art style!
Our story follows Alison Sunderlund, an average small town Ohio girl. By day she can be found working as a server in a local café and by night she takes care of her house and family: her dad and younger brother. Though she doesn't have a lot on her plate, the life she has gives her very little free time. But Alison's life changes one morning when she wakes up sitting under a tree in a brand new world.
Confused, Alison sets out to discover more about her new surroundings, accidentally stumbling upon the Arkwright estate, home of Gwyn Arkwright and The Looking Glass Café. With no place to go and a way back home seeming impossible, Gwyn, being the kind soul that he is, gives Alison a job and a place to stay for the time being. Everything's peachy except... now Alison must choose which of The Looking Glass' five employees will train her!
Will Alison stick with what she knows and remain a server? Will she a cut a new path as a cook's assistant? Will she wipe away her past burdens as a low-level dishwasher? Will Alison ever figure out what strange world she's in? Will she ever return to her old life?
Will she want to?
All stories are written by Noëlle Hyzy, the winner of Voltage Inc.'s 4th Annual International Script Writing Contest for Romance Apps.
- 5 suitors (with 4 more planned)
- Expressive animated characters
- 12 chapters for each Suitor's Main Story
- 3 possible endings per Main Story
- 3 chapter Epilogues for each Suitor
- 40+ hours of content across all stories
- ≈50,000 words per Main Story
- 300,000+ words across the whole game
- At least 6 CGs per Main Story
- Main character CG options
- 12 amazing tracks from Composer Geoff Moore
- 60+ beautiful backgrounds
- Episodic content
- Available for Windows*, Mac*, and Linux*
- Available for iOS and Android.
* If Greenlight is successful on Steam
This demo consists of our game's prologue, where we introduce Alison, build the wondrous town of Mimsboro, and give players a glimpse of the Looking Glass crew.
To pull up the in-game menu outside of the main menu, press P or ESC. Note: some programs render the ESC key inoperable when running in conjunction with other programs, this demo included.
We plan to update our demo shortly before our Kickstarter campaign. Upcoming features include:
- Fast Foward
- More in-game content
- Gwyn's First Chapter(s) with choices
- Emil's First Chapter(s) with choices
Naïve Sprites is an indie otome game group that's currently developing our first visual novel. Our goal is to make stories that all of you wonderful people want to read. We hope to shake-up the visual novel market with more westernized stories, while still retaining the beautiful anime inspired art of the otome genre's roots.
A Very Important Date started as Noelle's passion project in June 2014. She'd grown to love visual novels and the otome genre and felt that it was time to tell one of her own stories. But ambition took over, and the Important Date lore grew to the epic story that it is now. So to help reign in the project, Noelle found other like-minded individuals along the way to make sure that this big game got made.
- Noëlle Hyzy: Project Director, Executive Producer, Lead Writer, Character Concept, Background Concept
- Justin V: Co-Writer, Editor, Art Editor, Background Concept, and GUI Artist
- Joe "Bonesy": Marketing & Advertising
- kooriesque: Character Concept Artist
- darkenmarr: Sprite and CG Artist
- furude: BG, GUI, and Game Icon Arist
- lordless: BG Artist
- IchBinJager and Wolfborg: Programmers
- Geoff Moore: Composer
|Published||107 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac OS X, Linux|
|Tags||Anime, Dating Sim, Fantasy, Female Protagonist, Kickstarter, Multiple Endings, Otome, Romance, romance-sim, Visual Novel|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||A few hours|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Touchscreen, Smartphone|
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.